Apricot liqueur is a liqueur obtained by the infusion of apricots in pure alcohol. The best ripe, succulent fruit is chosen. The fruit is washed & prepared in high alcohol content. Then pulled, washed & inspected. After washing the fruit, it is put back to let the alcohol evaporate. At the end of three days it is then washed another time, then put in a dryer for 24 hours. When the process is all done the fruit is finally put into bottles with the liquors.
These fragrant liqueurs
are an excellent accompaniment to cakes or other desserts at anytime.
Benjamin Prichard's Sweet Lucy
Sweet Lucy is a tribute to the old Mississippi flyway and the duck hunters who brought along peach, orange and apricot elixirs made of whiskey and sugar.
Blume Marillen Apricot
Blossom of the Apricot - Made from only the Klosterneuburger apricot, famous in the Wachau region in the Danube Valley, with over 4˝ lbs of apricots distilled for each bottle.
Apricot Liqueur, Home Recipe
2 1/2 cups – 16 oz. fresh apricots
1 1/2 cups – 10 oz. granulated sugar
1 cinnamon stick
1 vanilla bean
1 1/4 cup – 14 oz. inexpensive vodka
1. Rinse, halve, and remove pits from apricots.
2. Put the fruit into a jar with a tight-fitting lid – but don’t close it yet.
3. Pour the sugar over the fruit.
4. Add the vanilla bean and the cinnamon stick.
5. Pour the vodka in.
6. Stir to dissolve the sugar. Stir once or twice a day till the sugar completely dissolves: it takes a little while.
7. Steep for 3 weeks.
Note: try to steep the apricots in a jar that doesn’t leave much headroom. Any part of the fruit which is exposed to the air will start to turn brown. If necessary, fill the jar up with more fruit/sugar/vodka, about 1/3 of each. You don’t need to add another vanilla bean or cinnamon stick.
8. Filter the liqueur through cheesecloth. After two days, filter again. Give it another week and see if sediment is still falling; if so, filter again.
When the liqueur is clear, funnel it into clean, dry bottles. Allow it to mellow at least a month before opening a bottle. Serve cold.
You can browse our large selection of
Apricot Liqueurs, learn about these Distilleries, production regions...
and when ready, just buy
To visit: Click